Update: Weekly Strikes Are Cancelled Until Further Notice
Due to the continuous rise in COVID-19 cases in Calgary, and the new restrictions put in place by the government, we will not be holding any in person strikes until further notice. We will continue to keep our presence online strong, and we invite you to keep striking digitally with us! Stay tuned!
What are we doing?
The Alberta Government has outlined rules and guidelines to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. We are strictly adhering to the guidance and order issued by the government by:
- Providing approved hand sanitizer for everyone to use, when they arrive and depart and feel is necessary
- Informing all protestors of the orders and guidelines set out by the Alberta government
- We are no longer providing signs to reduce possible transmission of COVID-19
- Informing protestors using social media and email (if subscribed to our newsletter) if a positive COVID-19 case was reported to us by someone who attended a protest
What can you do?
- Wear a mask – All protestors will be required to wear masks unless they have a medical condition that inhibits them from wearing one
- Remain at least two metres apart from others that are not from your household
- If you wish to hold a sign, please bring your own. (Your voice can be just as effective too!)
- Do not share signs or other belongings with others
- Do not attend a strike if you have any symptoms of illness or if you have come in contact with anyone who has a positive or presumed case of COVID-19.
- Inform us if you get a positive COVID-19 test result so we can inform others that they may have been exposed to the virus
- You can remain anonymous by sending us an email through our contact page using an alias name/email or contacting us through social media using an anonymous account.
If you have any questions about how we’re handling COVID-19, please contact us through our social media platforms or by email.